Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

October Blogging Challenge

I really would like to develop the habit of writing every day. In the past, I've struggled with this. I believe that it is due to the fact that I wasn't that interested in what I was writing about. So for the month of Oct, I am going to do a journaling writing challenge. I get to write about me, so I shouldn't lose interest. And if anyone is reading this blog, it gives you a chance to really get to know me. The key is to make if fun so that I can develop the habit. Then I can use the habit for something a bit more educational.

I found a journal prompt on Pinterest that I plan on using. You can see it here:


In order to link them, here are the prompts written out.


  1. Five ways to win your heart.
  2. Something you feel strongly about.
  3. A book you love
  4. Bullet your whole day
  5. Things you want to say to an ex. (Oh goodness!)
  6. Your views on mainstream music. 
  7. Five pet peeves. 
  8. What you ate today. (I might do what I ate yesterday since I plan to write in the morning)
  9. How important you think education is.
  10. Put your music player on shuffle and write the first ten songs that play. (Fun!)
  11. Your family
  12. Five guys whom you find attractive. 
  13. Your opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it. 
  14. What you wore today. (aka. the most boring post ever)
  15. Your zodiac/horoscope and if you think it fits your personality. 
  16. Something you always think "What if.." about
  17. Something you're proud of
  18. A problem that you have had
  19. Five items you lust after
  20. Your fears
  21. How you hope your future will be like. (This one should be good!)
  22. Your academics 
  23. Something that you miss
  24. Five words/phrases that make you laugh.
  25. Something you're currently worrying about
  26. Things you like and dislike about yourself.
  27. A quote you try to live by
  28. Somewhere you'd like to move to or visit. 
  29. Five weird things that you like. 
  30. One thing you're excited about. 
There are 31 days in Oct and only 30 prompts so I'm going to do a surprise prompt on the last day!

Looking forward to Wednesday to get started with this! This is the most "me" set of prompts I've ever seen in one spot. I'll link them here once I post so they are easy to get to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment