Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Playlist Shuffle! (aka. Hailey posts Music Videos)

Note: This is a part of the October Blogging Challenge

Today's prompt is super fun!!! It's to put a playlist on shuffle and write about the first 10 songs that play. :)

I'm a bit behind on the blogging challenge, but I'm just going to skip ahead and post today's post so I don't get too behind. I'm going to try to catch up on the missed posts soon.

I love music so this is going to be awesome! I use spotify for my music, including when I DJ (I DJ fusion swing dances). My username is mystand if you want to find me.

I have a list called Current that includes all of my current favorite music. It changes regularly as I find new stuff and get tired of old stuff. I'm going to use it for today's prompt. Here we go:

1. Eric Church - That's Damn Rock and Roll

So I get to pick the first song that plays, so of course I pick my 2014 song of the year. I always pick a song at the beginning of the year to represent how I want the year to go. I love this year's song!!

"It's ain't about the money you make when the record gets sold. It's about doing it for nothing because it lives in your soul"

"It's the first one to stand and the last one to fall."

"It's doing what you want instead of doing what you're told."

"Give all you got until there ain't nothing left."

Be prepared for happy dancing!!!!


2. One Republic - Counting Stars

So I recently bought the newest One Republic CD and I really love it! This song is especially awesome.

"I don't think the world is sold on doing what we're told."

"I feel something so right doing the wrong thing. I feel something so wrong doing the right thing."

My feelings exactly!



3. Infected Mushroom - Now is Gold

This is a really pretty song mixed with dubstep. I love dancing to it! So much fun. I can do rave/flow dancing and this song nails it.


4. Ellie Goulding - Tesselate

This song is a cover of an Alt J song. If you've never listened to Alt J, you are missing out. They are amazing! But I love this cover. Ellie does an amazing job with this song.



5. Hozier - Take Me To Church

This is a recent find. It is such a pretty song! I love dancing to it. I don't really like the words of this one all that much, but the song is so good to dance to that it still makes my current list.



6. Lindsey Sterling - Crystalize

This is another fun song to dance to. It is also fun to do flow dancing to. It's quite hipnotic. The genre is "Dubstep Violin". How awesome is that!!



7. Dierks Bently - I Hold On

This song is amazing. Truly amazing. This could have been a song of the year for me. It might well be one day.

"I hold on to the things I believe in. My faith, your love, own freedom. To the things I can count on to keep me going strong."

Of course, I'm probably keying in on the word freedom in there.



8. Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You

Very pretty song. Not really sure what to write about it though. It would make a really good wedding song.



9. Kongos - Come With Me Now

I shazamed this song the very first time I heard it on the radio and loved it ever since. Amazing beat! Seems to have a cajun flare to it.



10. Miranda Lambert - Automatic

Listen to the words. I can't quote the whole song. I love all of them! This song really resonates with my heart. I sometimes wish that things are not so automatic. Although I do love the internet. :)



Techinically that is 10. But this is so much fun! I'm going to keep going for a few more songs. :)

11. Fitz and the Tantrums - The Walker

"Crazy is what they think about me. Ain't gonna stop because they tell me so."

Yeah. That's a good description of me. :)



12. Colt Ford/Jason Aldean - Driving Around Song

This song is for all of the small town people reading this. If you get it, you get it. :) Here's to having country roots!



13. Imagine Dragons - Demons

This song will never get old. It really won't. It's such a pretty song and great to dance to as well.



14. Zac Brown Band - Free

This song has been in my current playlist for a really long time. I'm glad it showed up today. If you know me at all, you know that I'm pretty obsessed in buying a van. This is the only popular song that I know of that talks about living in a van AND freedom all in one song.

"We live out in our old van and travel all across this land."

"Just as free as we'll ever be"

Oh, just listen to the words. It's great!




15. Dierks Bentley - Drunk on a Plane

Let's end on this fun note. This song makes me smile. It's fun and very catchy. It's a song about a guy who was dumped right before his wedding and ends up taking the honeymoney trip by himself. Sort of a sad situation, but he sure makes a good song about it.



So there you have it. 15 songs on my current playlist. Just in case you wondering, there are about 70 songs total on this playlist. Hope you enjoyed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment